At the time of boring for Pile, the sides of the bore hole are subjected to numerous external forces and pressure like active earth pressure, hydrostatic pressure, pore pressure, etc due to underground water. As a result the side of the bore become unstable and may collapse if the soil layers remain weak.
Due to its thixotropic property, bentonite is used as a supporting fluid to counter the external pressures and stabilize the sides of the bore hole.
Mahalaxmi Minerals Piling Grade Bentonite is a sodium based bentonite of exceptional purity procured from ores with a high composition of montmorollinite.
The main features of Mahalaxmi Minerals Piling Grade Bentonite are listed below:
- Large Surface Area
- Commendable Gelling Strength
- Excellent plasticity and lubricity
- Significantly low filter loss
- Environmentally Acceptable
- Excellent packaging enhancing shelf life of the product
- Available in quantities depending on customer requirements.
Technical Specifications of PILLING GRADE BENTONITE POWDER AS PER IS 2911 – PART-V
|LIQUID LIMIT||400 to 450 %||550 to 600 %|
|SAND CONTENT||2 %||1 %|
|FUNNEL VISCOSITY||40 SEC||50 SEC|
|JEL TIME||3 MIN||INSTANT|