Suspensions of bentonite in water are widely used across industries. The largest and best known use of bentonite suspension is as drilling mud. Due to its rheological properties and thixotropy of aqueous suspensions, bentonite is used as a mud constituent for oil and water well drilling. Its functions are mainly to stabilise the borehole, seal the borehole walls, and remove drill cuttings. Bentonite muds are thus employed for oil and water well drilling, tunnel, and microtunnel drilling.
Mahalaxmi Minerals Drilling Grade Bentonite is a sodium based bentonite of high purity mined and processed especially for drilling from ores with a high compositions of montmorollinite.
The main features of Mahalaxmi Minerals Drilling Grade Bentonite are listed below:
- conserves thixotopic properties of the mineral when met with brine and high temperature in deep drilling
- Generates high barrel yield
- Withstands formation pressure
- Environmentally Acceptable
- Excellent packaging enhancing shelf life of the product
- Available in quantities depending on customer requirements
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF DRILLING GRADE BENTONITE POWDER
|VISCOSITY ON 600 TPM||35|
|VISCOSITY ON 300 TPM||28|
|FLUID LOSS||15 ML|
|RESIDUE||LESS THEN 3%|
|200 MESH PASSING||90%|