Bentonite slurries are used in the construction of special foundations for digging diaphragm walls and bored piles. Bentonite is used for self-hardening mixtures employed to build cut-off walls, grouting mortars, and grouting. Finally, bentonite waterproofing properties are best exploited in environmental engineering, to seal off soil infiltrations, and line the base of landfills.
Bentonite is also used in civil engineering applications such as tunneling, horizontal directional drilling (HDD), and pipe jacking.
MM Construction Grade Bentonite is a sodium-based bentonite procured from ores with a high composition of montmorollinite. Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is one of the major drilling areas that MM seeks to serve.
The main features of MM Construction Grade Bentonite are listed below:
- Superior Gel Strengths
- Filter cake development coupled with filtration control with a lower resultant viscosity enables successful horizontal bore
- Better maintenance of flow and effective removal of solids
- Environmentally Acceptable
- Excellent packaging enhancing shelf life of the product
- Available in quantities depending on customer requirements
Technical Specifications of CONSTRUCTION GRADE (HDD) BENTONITE POWDER
|VISCOSITY ON 600 TPM||35|
|VISCOSITY ON 300 TPM||28|
|FLUID LOSS||15 ML|
|RESIDUE||LESS THEN 3%|
|200 MESH PASSING||90%|