Bentonite is used as a bonding material in the preparation of moulding sand for the production of cast iron, steel, and non-ferrous casting. The unique properties of bentonite yield green sand moulds with good flowability, compactability, and thermal stability for the production of high quality castings.
Mahalaxmi Minerals Foundry Grade Bentonite is a sodium based bentonite of high purity mined and processed especially for foundry from ores with a high compositions of montmorollinite.
The main features of Mahalaxmi Minerals Foundry Grade Bentonite are listed below:
- Excellent gelling which gives high strength in less mulling time.
- Acts as a quick bonding element.
- Great thermal stability with generation of lesser dead clay.
- Active clay maintaining due to high montmorillonite values.
- Environmentally Acceptable.
- Excellent packaging enhancing shelf life of the product.
- Available in quantities depending on customer requirements.
We are making foundry grade Bentonite powder as per customers specification.
Technical Specifications of FOUNDRY GRADE BENTONITE POWDER
|LIQUID LIMIT||400 %||500 %|
|SAND CONTENT||2.5 %||1.5 %|
|PH VALUE||9 %||10.5 %|
|JELL INDEX||55 to 60||75 to 80|
|JEL TIME||TWO MINUTES||INSTANT|